Mission & Values
We are dedicated to educating students for competent, responsive, and ethical social work practice. Our teaching, research, and outreach seek to promote positive change and social justice for diverse communities, organizations, groups, families, and individuals.
Values of the School of Social Work
Enduring beliefs shared across our School community form the foundation of all of our work in the MSU School of Social Work. We display these values through all aspects of our program and our interactions inside and outside of the University, with the understanding that the quality of relationships across these dimensions is central to all that we do. We emphasize:
- EXCELLENCE We are committed to excellence in teaching, research, and outreach.
- COLLABORATION We advance our work through respectful and responsive collaborative relationships inside and outside of the University.
- SOCIAL JUSTICE We are committed to social justice and positive social change in an ever changing world.
- INCLUSION We promote diversity, equity, and inclusion with regard to our programs and partnerships.
- LEADERSHIP We encourage high standards of professionalism and achievement by our faculty, students, and graduates.
- ACCESS We foster and support access to our educational programs, research findings, and faculty resources for service and outreach.